Matakana Coast Tourism is a self-funded not-for-profit, and membership-based organisation dedicated to advocating for and promoting the Matakana Coast – a stunning region situated between Puhoi and Te Hana, less than one hour north of Auckland.
We highlight the incredibly diverse range of high quality experiences on offer and encourage visitors to look beyond what they know and try something new. Our aim is to add value to our local communities by growing the number of domestic and international visitors to the region, encouraging them to enjoy the wide range of activities, events, services and facilities on offer and have them stay longer, spend more and come back to see us again.
Our website provides a wide range of information on activities, events, and services from our regional business and community groups. Locals and visitors alike can read, see, interact, plan, experience and discover what the Matakana Coast has to offer.
We are here to:
- Strengthen and connect local and regional service providers and producers
- Promote the Matakana Coast as the year-round destination of choice for local, national and international visitors
- Offer visitors honest, helpful and independent advice on what to do, see and experience in our region.
- Be an advocate and a voice for tourism and hospitality in the Matakana Coast region.
- Work in partnership with Auckland Unlimited, Tourism, New Zealand, MBIE and other organisations for the benefit of the Matakana Coast region.
- Provide support to local tourism and hospitality operators.
We welcome new members and are always looking for opportunities to drive collaboration and promote the Matakana Coast. Please email us at: email@example.com for more information, or opportunities to contribute content and support Matakana Coast Tourism.