Matakana - home of the Matakana Farmers Market and Boutique Shopping
Matakana Village is well known for the Saturday morning Matakana Village Farmer's Market - you can buy fresh organic local produce, Mahurangi oysters, locally farmed buffalo cheeses, Matakana Olive Oil, and the market's own coffee roasted and ground on the spot. Matakana Village also provides a boutique shopping experience and a number of excellent Matakana restaurants and cafes, such as the newly refurbished Matakana Village Pub for you to enjoy.
Top things to do in Matakana:
- Matakana Cinemas - each cinema is different with delightfully eclectic furnishings and very comfortable seating.
- Visit the iconic Morris and James Pottery - very famous for hand crafted pots, plates, homeware and wall art.
- Join a river cruise with Matakana River Tours
- Enjoy Lunch at the Plume Cafe.
- Visit the Matakana Country Park - great for all ages, offering a small petting zoo, playground & mini train rides for children - great dinning options at The Stables, Smiths Bar & Bramble Cafe - onsite Art Gallery, Art Matakana and so much more!
- Taste the local wines along the Matakana Wine Trail
- Experience the local food with The Local Food Kitchen
Stay a while with a wide range of Matakana accommodation available including Motels, B&B's and lodges.For further information:
If you are visiting the Matakana area, be sure you don't miss this excellent gallery situated in the Matakana Country Park. Art Matakana has some of the finest New Zealand ..more..
Bed & Breakfast @ 215 offers quiet, quality accommodation in the heart of the Matakana Coast Wine country. Located in a rural setting with stunning views of farmland, the Mataka..more..
Charlies Gelato Garden is modeled on a 'gelateria artiginale'. The gelato and sorbetto is made fresh each day in small batches from the best available ingredients including seasonal..more..
The Craft Shop at Matakana Country Park is an artists' co-operative managed and operated by artists for artists. The Craft Shop originated in Matakana, then called Craft Co-op, in ..more..
Heron's Flight Winery and Cellar door offers tastings every day of wines made from the Italian grape varieties Dolcetto and Sangiovese. We make them in a range of styles to show the..more..
Award winning chocolates hand crafted in Matakana, with a window looking into the chocolate kitchen to see the chocolatiers at work. Honest Chocolat specialises in using organic eth..more..
Situated on Whitmore Road above Hyperion’s vineyard with expansive views to the west overlooking vineyards and farmland to the Matakana Valley, Sandspit estuary and Whangaripo..more..
"Hyperion reminds me of a small French winery.” Bob Campbell MW Hyperion Wines is a genuine boutique vineyard and winery producing traditionally crafted wines exclusively fr..more..
KOTARE STUDIO - TOUCH OF TUSCANY IN MATAKANA Kotare Studio, just minutes from Matakana Village, is a perfect getaway for couples wanting to relax and enjoy a tranquil environmen..more..
MATAKANA 360 is a contemporary, two-bedroom, designer-furnished house with majestic views in every direction. Close to the sky, yet at one with the land, MATAKANA 360 is a very spec..more..