Matakana - home of the Matakana Farmers Market and Boutique Shopping
Matakana Village is well known for the Saturday morning Matakana Village Farmer's Market - you can buy fresh organic local produce, Mahurangi oysters, locally farmed buffalo cheeses, Matakana Olive Oil, and the market's own coffee roasted and ground on the spot. Matakana Village also provides a boutique shopping experience and a number of excellent Matakana restaurants and cafes, such as the newly refurbished Matakana Village Pub for you to enjoy.
Top things to do in Matakana:
- Matakana Cinemas - each cinema is different with delightfully eclectic furnishings and very comfortable seating.
- Visit the iconic Morris and James Pottery - very famous for hand crafted pots, plates, homeware and wall art.
- Join a river cruise with Matakana River Tours
- Enjoy Lunch at the Plume Cafe.
- Visit the Matakana Country Park - great for all ages, offering a small petting zoo, playground & mini train rides for children - great dinning options at The Stables, Smiths Bar & Bramble Cafe - onsite Art Gallery, Art Matakana and so much more!
- Taste the local wines along the Matakana Wine Trail
- Experience the local food with The Local Food Kitchen
Stay a while with a wide range of Matakana accommodation available including Motels, B&B's and lodges.For further information:
Owned by a fully qualified homeopath, Tea and Tonic’s commitment to you is their philosophy and passion. With an exclusive range of lovingly handcrafted healthcare products by Ni..more..
The Vintry specialises in locally grown Matakana Wines. All our family-owned wineries are located within a 14km radius of The Vintry’s doorstep. Enjoy a wine tasting, wine by th..more..
The Vivian. The Vivian was born out of the need to establish a home for a group of local professional artists within Matakana who exhibit throughout New Zealand yet seldom in..more..
Twig & Bloom creates unique floral environments for homes, weddings, corporate events, funerals and memorials. Special gifts for you and yours...We stock ceramics and candles by Mor..more..
TWO Boutique | A unisex concept clothing store in the beautiful Matakana village, stocking Andrea Moore, Augustine, Sylvester, Maurie & Eve, Federation , StyleStalker , Ben Sherman ..more..
Tattoo Artist - By appointment only..more..
You can enjoy freshly made authentic Vietnamese cuisine every Friday (at our address) and every Saturday at the Matakana Market...more..
As an independent specialist bookshop we have control over our stock selection, and have a commitment to stocking an interesting and ever-changing range of books for you to browse throu..more..
Glamping is a a fusion of glamour and camping, where nature meets modern luxury. Connected by wooden walkways, your hosts have set up three tepee sites on large circular timber pla..more..
The Woolshed - Venue..more..