Matakana - home of the Matakana Farmers Market and Boutique Shopping
Matakana Village is well known for the Saturday morning Matakana Village Farmer's Market - you can buy fresh organic local produce, Mahurangi oysters, locally farmed buffalo cheeses, Matakana Olive Oil, and the market's own coffee roasted and ground on the spot. Matakana Village also provides a boutique shopping experience and a number of excellent Matakana restaurants and cafes, such as the newly refurbished Matakana Village Pub for you to enjoy.
Top things to do in Matakana:
- Matakana Cinemas - each cinema is different with delightfully eclectic furnishings and very comfortable seating.
- Visit the iconic Morris and James Pottery - very famous for hand crafted pots, plates, homeware and wall art.
- Join a river cruise with Matakana River Tours
- Enjoy Lunch at the Plume Cafe.
- Visit the Matakana Country Park - great for all ages, offering a small petting zoo, playground & mini train rides for children - great dinning options at The Stables, Smiths Bar & Bramble Cafe - onsite Art Gallery, Art Matakana and so much more!
- Taste the local wines along the Matakana Wine Trail
- Experience the local food with The Local Food Kitchen
Stay a while with a wide range of Matakana accommodation available including Motels, B&B's and lodges.For further information:
Matakana Magic is an upmarket 2 bedroom 2 bathroom Matakana holiday house with a spa pool. Enjoying an elevated position to capture tranquil rural views, this modern home includes every..more..
Matakana Market Kitchen is all about the simple pleasures of relaxed dining. The menu is seasonal, creative and thoughtful, but, good food simply doesn’t exist without quality..more..
Our boutique cottage is the perfect getaway for couples, but can cater for up to 4 people. Set well off the road in an elevated position, surrounded by beautiful native bush and the i..more..
Matakana Pharmacy has everything you need to help you look and feel your best. We’re based right in the heart of Matakana Village so it’s easy for you to come in and get th..more..
Exercise is vital for healing injuries. Get professional support and advice from someone with extensive experience and the knowledge to get you back into top condition again. Appointmen..more..
Matakana Weddings is here to help you make unforgettable memories on your special day. We recommend local services including venue hire, transport hire, marriage celebrant, make up..more..
Monarch Estate wines capture the essence of our boutique vineyard and the friendly, passionate nature of the Monarch Estate family. Each bottle is hand crafted, selecting only the f..more..
Open Tuesday to Saturday with late nights available on Wednesday and Thursday. We endeavor to create a personalised look for you the individual. Consultation and on-going training are ..more..
Nosh is all about great food! At Nosh we are passionate about great food. Our goal is to bring you the best local and international produce at the best price. But that alone is not..more..
Old School Inc. is a wee shop & guest house located at 745 Matakana Road, Matakana - Warkworth. The store (a 120 year old school house) stocks collectable & vintage pieces wit..more..