Matakana - home of the Matakana Farmers Market and Boutique Shopping
Matakana Village is well known for the Saturday morning Matakana Village Farmer's Market - you can buy fresh organic local produce, Mahurangi oysters, locally farmed buffalo cheeses, Matakana Olive Oil, and the market's own coffee roasted and ground on the spot. Matakana Village also provides a boutique shopping experience and a number of excellent Matakana restaurants and cafes, such as the newly refurbished Matakana Village Pub for you to enjoy.
Top things to do in Matakana:
- Matakana Cinemas - each cinema is different with delightfully eclectic furnishings and very comfortable seating.
- Visit the iconic Morris and James Pottery - very famous for hand crafted pots, plates, homeware and wall art.
- Join a river cruise with Matakana River Tours
- Enjoy Lunch at the Plume Cafe.
- Visit the Matakana Country Park - great for all ages, offering a small petting zoo, playground & mini train rides for children - great dinning options at The Stables, Smiths Bar & Bramble Cafe - onsite Art Gallery, Art Matakana and so much more!
- Taste the local wines along the Matakana Wine Trail
- Experience the local food with The Local Food Kitchen
Stay a while with a wide range of Matakana accommodation available including Motels, B&B's and lodges.For further information:
Matakana Estate has been at the forefront of local wine making since this premium, boutique wine region was first developed some 30 years ago...more..
Welcome to our Four Square store! We’re proud to be part of the long-standing iconic ‘Kiwi’ brand that has been the ‘local’ for New Zealand communities sin..more..
At Matakana ITM we offer an extensive range of products to suit your building material, timber and hardware requirements...more..
Matakana Magic is an upmarket 2 bedroom 2 bathroom Matakana holiday house with a spa pool. Enjoying an elevated position to capture tranquil rural views, this modern home includes every..more..
Matakana Market Kitchen is all about the simple pleasures of relaxed dining. The menu is seasonal, creative and thoughtful, but, good food simply doesn’t exist without quality..more..
Our boutique cottage is the perfect getaway for couples, but can cater for up to 4 people. Set well off the road in an elevated position, surrounded by beautiful native bush and the i..more..
Matakana Pharmacy has everything you need to help you look and feel your best. We’re based right in the heart of Matakana Village so it’s easy for you to come in and get th..more..
Exercise is vital for healing injuries. Get professional support and advice from someone with extensive experience and the knowledge to get you back into top condition again. Appointmen..more..