Matakana - home of the Matakana Farmers Market and Boutique Shopping
Matakana Village is well known for the Saturday morning Matakana Village Farmer's Market - you can buy fresh organic local produce, Mahurangi oysters, locally farmed buffalo cheeses, Matakana Olive Oil, and the market's own coffee roasted and ground on the spot. Matakana Village also provides a boutique shopping experience and a number of excellent Matakana restaurants and cafes, such as the newly refurbished Matakana Village Pub for you to enjoy.
Top things to do in Matakana:
- Matakana Cinemas - each cinema is different with delightfully eclectic furnishings and very comfortable seating.
- Visit the iconic Morris and James Pottery - very famous for hand crafted pots, plates, homeware and wall art.
- Join a river cruise with Matakana River Tours
- Enjoy Lunch at the Plume Cafe.
- Visit the Matakana Country Park - great for all ages, offering a small petting zoo, playground & mini train rides for children - great dinning options at The Stables, Smiths Bar & Bramble Cafe - onsite Art Gallery, Art Matakana and so much more!
- Taste the local wines along the Matakana Wine Trail
- Experience the local food with The Local Food Kitchen
Stay a while with a wide range of Matakana accommodation available including Motels, B&B's and lodges.For further information:
Our boutique cottage is the perfect getaway for couples, but can cater for up to 4 people. Set well off the road in an elevated position, surrounded by beautiful native bush and the i..more..
Matakana Pharmacy has everything you need to help you look and feel your best. We’re based right in the heart of Matakana Village so it’s easy for you to come in and get th..more..
Exercise is vital for healing injuries. Get professional support and advice from someone with extensive experience and the knowledge to get you back into top condition again. Appointmen..more..
Matakana Weddings is here to help you make unforgettable memories on your special day. We recommend local services including venue hire, transport hire, marriage celebrant, make up..more..
Monarch Estate wines capture the essence of our boutique vineyard and the friendly, passionate nature of the Monarch Estate family. Each bottle is hand crafted, selecting only the f..more..
Open Tuesday to Saturday with late nights available on Wednesday and Thursday. We endeavor to create a personalised look for you the individual. Consultation and on-going training are ..more..
Old School Inc. is a wee shop & guest house located at 745 Matakana Road, Matakana - Warkworth. The store (a 120 year old school house) stocks collectable & vintage pieces wit..more..
The Gardens: OMAIO - a maori name meaning “place of peace, quiet and tranquility”, is our coastal property of 18 acres (7.28 hectares) on the Takatu peninsula, one hou..more..
Set in the beautiful Matakana, Piece Gallery specialises in Ceramics, Glass, Jewellery and select Sculpture. With an eye for detail, a distinctly New Zealand language with sophisticated..more..
For over thirty years Premium Real Estate has built a wealth of experience and knowledge in the luxury property market. Premium specialises in the finest coastal, lifestyle, luxury ..more..