Matakana - home of the Matakana Farmers Market and Boutique Shopping
Matakana Village is well known for the Saturday morning Matakana Village Farmer's Market - you can buy fresh organic local produce, Mahurangi oysters, locally farmed buffalo cheeses, Matakana Olive Oil, and the market's own coffee roasted and ground on the spot. Matakana Village also provides a boutique shopping experience and a number of excellent Matakana restaurants and cafes, such as the newly refurbished Matakana Village Pub for you to enjoy.
Top things to do in Matakana:
- Matakana Cinemas - each cinema is different with delightfully eclectic furnishings and very comfortable seating.
- Visit the iconic Morris and James Pottery - very famous for hand crafted pots, plates, homeware and wall art.
- Join a river cruise with Matakana River Tours
- Enjoy Lunch at the Plume Cafe.
- Visit the Matakana Country Park - great for all ages, offering a small petting zoo, playground & mini train rides for children - great dinning options at The Stables, Smiths Bar & Bramble Cafe - onsite Art Gallery, Art Matakana and so much more!
- Taste the local wines along the Matakana Wine Trail
- Experience the local food with The Local Food Kitchen
Stay a while with a wide range of Matakana accommodation available including Motels, B&B's and lodges.For further information:
With over 20 years experience and a love of all things equestrian Kim and the team at Equestrian Property Developments can manage any equestrian project...more..
Winemaker Toby Gillman discovered his passion for wine many years ago as a student, while pitching in voluntarily at a vineyard. In fact, he spent his first student allowance on a b..more..
Surrounded by a picturesque and productive orchard on the fertile terroir of Matakana, the low cropping vines of Hawks Nest provide the ideal basis for the creation off high quality, li..more..
Brand names to admire include: Minx, Django & Juliette, Kathryn Wilson, Nu by Neo, Melissa, Francesco Morichetti, Jose Saenz, Nude, Emu, Sketchers, Flex & Go...more..
At John Crockett Jewellers you will be treated to the art of the master Goldsmith. Our original one-off handcrafted creations will give you a lifetime of enjoyment and admiration. If yo..more..
JT Sporthorses aims to help riders and horses meet their potential, gain confidence and excel in the show ring. Based at the Matakana Country Park, Auckland, JT Sporthorses can help you..more..
All Nail Services, including Shellac, Acrylic Nail and Pedicures. Billion Dollar Brow Bar & Brown All Year ORGANIC Spray Tans..more..
A secluded Hide-away, located only minutes from popular Matakana, in Omaha Valley, and central to marine, cultural and culinary attractions. Our separate and stylish cottage in Omaha Va..more..
Relaxing homestay in Matakana You'll never want to leave!Here at Matakana by the Water, our B&B has all the comforts you need, while offering you a private cosy retreat from t..more..
We offer a variety of carriage rides including weddings, special occasions, one on one rides and group rides. Please look around our website to see different options you may like. ..more..