Matakana - home of the Matakana Farmers Market and Boutique Shopping
Matakana Village is well known for the Saturday morning Matakana Village Farmer's Market - you can buy fresh organic local produce, Mahurangi oysters, locally farmed buffalo cheeses, Matakana Olive Oil, and the market's own coffee roasted and ground on the spot. Matakana Village also provides a boutique shopping experience and a number of excellent Matakana restaurants and cafes, such as the newly refurbished Matakana Village Pub for you to enjoy.
Top things to do in Matakana:
- Matakana Cinemas - each cinema is different with delightfully eclectic furnishings and very comfortable seating.
- Visit the iconic Morris and James Pottery - very famous for hand crafted pots, plates, homeware and wall art.
- Join a river cruise with Matakana River Tours
- Enjoy Lunch at the Plume Cafe.
- Visit the Matakana Country Park - great for all ages, offering a small petting zoo, playground & mini train rides for children - great dinning options at The Stables, Smiths Bar & Bramble Cafe - onsite Art Gallery, Art Matakana and so much more!
- Taste the local wines along the Matakana Wine Trail
- Experience the local food with The Local Food Kitchen
Stay a while with a wide range of Matakana accommodation available including Motels, B&B's and lodges.For further information:
Stockist include: Ketz-Ke, Caroline Sills, Loobies Story, Collections, Jet Blonde, Random, Thrive, Paula Ryan, NYDJ, Standard Issue, Visage and many more...more..
The Design Pod has been created by Tanya Svendsen designer of labels Leslie Herbert and Ritual exclusive in Matakana...more..
With over 20 years experience and a love of all things equestrian Kim and the team at Equestrian Property Developments can manage any equestrian project...more..
Winemaker Toby Gillman discovered his passion for wine many years ago as a student, while pitching in voluntarily at a vineyard. In fact, he spent his first student allowance on a b..more..
Brand names to admire include: Minx, Django & Juliette, Kathryn Wilson, Nu by Neo, Melissa, Francesco Morichetti, Jose Saenz, Nude, Emu, Sketchers, Flex & Go...more..
Heron's Flight Winery and Cellar door offers tastings every day of wines made from the Italian grape varieties Dolcetto and Sangiovese. We make them in a range of styles to show the..more..
Award winning chocolates hand crafted in Matakana, with a window looking into the chocolate kitchen to see the chocolatiers at work. Honest Chocolat specialises in using organic eth..more..
Situated on Whitmore Road above Hyperion’s vineyard with expansive views to the west overlooking vineyards and farmland to the Matakana Valley, Sandspit estuary and Whangaripo..more..
At John Crockett Jewellers you will be treated to the art of the master Goldsmith. Our original one-off handcrafted creations will give you a lifetime of enjoyment and admiration. If yo..more..
JT Sporthorses aims to help riders and horses meet their potential, gain confidence and excel in the show ring. Based at the Matakana Country Park, Auckland, JT Sporthorses can help you..more..