Matakana - home of the Matakana Farmers Market and Boutique Shopping
Matakana Village is well known for the Saturday morning Matakana Village Farmer's Market - you can buy fresh organic local produce, Mahurangi oysters, locally farmed buffalo cheeses, Matakana Olive Oil, and the market's own coffee roasted and ground on the spot. Matakana Village also provides a boutique shopping experience and a number of excellent Matakana restaurants and cafes, such as the newly refurbished Matakana Village Pub for you to enjoy.
Top things to do in Matakana:
- Matakana Cinemas - each cinema is different with delightfully eclectic furnishings and very comfortable seating.
- Visit the iconic Morris and James Pottery - very famous for hand crafted pots, plates, homeware and wall art.
- Join a river cruise with Matakana River Tours
- Enjoy Lunch at the Plume Cafe.
- Visit the Matakana Country Park - great for all ages, offering a small petting zoo, playground & mini train rides for children - great dinning options at The Stables, Smiths Bar & Bramble Cafe - onsite Art Gallery, Art Matakana and so much more!
- Taste the local wines along the Matakana Wine Trail
- Experience the local food with The Local Food Kitchen
Stay a while with a wide range of Matakana accommodation available including Motels, B&B's and lodges.For further information:
Morris & James Matakana is a traditional pottery creating some of New Zealand’s only handmade large-ware pots & planters, since 1977. A range of ceramic works ava..more..
A few minutes’ drive from Matakana village lies Sculptureum, where three art-filled gardens, six galleries, a vineyard, a function centre and Rothko – the site’s r..more..
Glamping is a a fusion of glamour and camping, where nature meets modern luxury. Connected by wooden walkways, your hosts have set up three tepee sites on large circular timber pla..more..
Weddings Matakana is the GO TO place for everything you need to know when planning your wedding in our beautiful Matakana Coast and Country Region - all within 1 hour of the CBD, Au..more..
This beautiful 2 brm semi detached retreat, will have you wishing you had more time! Special conditions: We are a Smoke free property. We Welcome children over 12 yrs old...more..
The Leading Extreme Sport Facility in New Zealand & The Leading Archery Venue in Matakana. If you are a Senior School Group looking for Team activities and Leadership Training, Stag..more..
One hour north of Auckland, Alegria Beautyfarm in Matakana offers you to relax, revive and the opportunity to re-energise with the perfect combination of spectacular scenery, fresh ..more..
Bed & Breakfast @ 215 offers quiet, quality accommodation in the heart of the Matakana Coast Wine country. Located in a rural setting with stunning views of farmland, the Mataka..more..
Black and White Barn is less than a 2 minute walk to the vibrant Matakana Village and Markets. A central base to explore the surrounding coast - or a personal sanctuary to dream, sleep..more..
Renowned for its 'Black Dog Blend' coffee, The Black Dog boasts great food, welcoming staff and did we mention the great coffee?..more..